Below you will find contributions from other SHSMD members, curated helpful articles designed for those communicating or planning COVID-19 strategies, COVID-19 Conversations with members, and other key tools and resources. If you have something to contribute, submit your story here.
Preparing for the Post-COVID-19 Health Care Landscape: A SHSMD Resource Digest
A collection of resources for emerging from the COVID-19 pandemic, addressing the new issues for health care strategists. Topics include understanding timeframes, expansion of virtual care and engagement, demand modeling and capacity management, health care reimagined, social determinants of health, financial challenges, workforce impact and wellbeing, marketing and communications and leveraging emerging opportunities.
For a full toolkit on resuming elective care and adapting to the new normal, please review the AHA Pathways to Recovery, now updated with material on supply chain, ancillary and support services, plant operations, financial management and governance considerations. NOTE: Access only available to AHA organizational members.
Join the Campaign - #ProtectTheHeroes
Visit www.ProtectTheHeroes.org to identify a hospital of their choosing and contribute to hospital emergency relief funds. Please explore the toolkit here and promote through your web pages and social media. If you have questions, please write email@example.com.
NEW! MASS GENERAL RESOURCES
- Mass General Department of Medicine COVID-19 Treatment Guidance
- Mass General Urgent Resource Video Education (CURVE)
- Mass General Fast Literature Updates (FLARE)
- Mass General Advances in Motion publication
NEW! ASPR RESOURCES
The Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response recently posted these new and updated COVID-19 resources at its Technical Resources, Assistance Center, and Information Exchange:
- A recorded webinar on using telemedicine at alternate care sites.
- An updated resource compiling key COVID-19 guidance for hospitals in areas such as hospital surge, crisis standards of care, workforce protection and resumption of services.
- COVID-19 lessons from urgent care centers.
SHSMD COVID-19 CONVERSATIONS SERIES
- How to Effectively “Reopen” Health Care Services During COVID-19
- Jefferson Health Pandemic Recovery: Strategic Insights from Monica Doyle, CSO
- Strategic Marketing in the wake of COVID-19
- Practicing Social Compassion: How One Health System is Using Brand to Drive Business in its COVID-19 Response
- Leading and Supporting Teams During COVID-19
- COVID-19: Senior Care Compendium
- COVID checklist to expand capacity
- Can Consumer Care Access Strategies Aid in Coronavirus Care?
- The Coronavirus Playbook: How 12 Health Systems Are Responding to the Pandemic
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
- Webinar Recording | What are Consumer Expectations For Coming Back and How Can We Meet Them?
- COVID-19 Communications Resources, including checklists, digital ads and other communications examples
- Crisis Communications Resources
- Sample Communications from Hospitals and Health Systems
- To discuss COVID-19 strategies, messaging and other communications issues or to share sample materials with your peers, join the MySHSMD discussion groups.
SHARE YOUR STORIES
We are looking for stories from SHSMD members as it relates to Marketing, Communication, Planning strategies and approaches to support COVID-19.
The AHA is looking for stories of health care workers across the field fighting coronavirus, caring for their families, supporting each other and coping every day.
- NEW! Messaging in the Midst of a COVID-19 Surge
- Strategic Marketing in the Wake of COVID-19
- Practicing Social Compassion: How One Health System Is Using Brand to Drive Business in Its COVID-19 Response
- Strategic Planning
- Reputation Management
For other guidance for health care professionals please refer to:
- The American Hospital Association shares COVID-19: Stress and Coping Resources.
- The Association for Health Care Resource & Materials Management (AHRMM) focuses on supply chain.
- The American Society for Health Care Engineering (ASHE), has guidance on preparing facilities for a potential influx of patients.
- The Association for the Health Care Environment (AHE) has additional resources on COVID-19.
- The American Society for Health Care Risk Management (ASHRM) has resources for Health Care Risk Managers.
- The American Society for Health Care Human Resources Administration (ASHHRA) shares considerations for health care human resources and operational leaders.
We commend the health care leaders in this country risking their lives on the frontlines every day to help prevent the spread of #COVID19. We see you and thank you for all that you do to protect patients and communities #HealthcareHeroes.