2022 Call for Proposals for the SHSMD "Connections" Conference is now closed.
- Speakers will be notified of their submission status by June 1, or sooner, if selected for programs outside of the annual conference in September.
- If you are interested in being notified once our 2023 Call for Proposals for the SHSMD Connections Conference opens, please fill out this sign-up sheet.
- For 2022 conference sponsorship and advertising opportunities, visit us here, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The SHSMD Call for Proposals seeks workshop and concurrent submissions for the annual SHSMD “Connections” Conference. Sessions are considered for the in person event as well as a small virtual component that occurs after the conference.
We are especially interested in submissions that are focused on these topics of interest, among each conference track, plus the following themes: cross-disciplinary topics such as emerging health care trends and health care policy, advocacy and regulations, topics related to pandemic recovery and rebuilding, sessions focused on diversity, equity and inclusion, and take-aways applicable for rural and different sized hospitals. Proposals should be flexibly written so that presentations can be readily updated for potential use later in the year.
Before submitting a proposal, please read through the submission requirements, review criteria and speaker benefits found here. Please note:
- SHSMD will accept up to three (3) proposals per organization. Please ensure no more than three are submitted as this could reduce your chance for acceptance
- SHSMD strongly recommends at least one presenter from a health care organization (hospital/health system or similar entity) is included in the presentation. Contact information and confirmation of that presenter’s participation is required when submitting the proposal. If you do not include a provider, please provide reasoning in your submission.
- We are particularly interested in new formats that help members solve problems across disciplines or within one discipline. Some of these co-created solutions might be distributed to members after the event.
- The promotion of any commercial products or services directly violates the SHSMD Code of Conduct that all speakers must agree to during the submission process.
Health care leaders work every day to ensure the safety of their patients and teams, and AHA prioritizes the same goal—your health and safety. AHA, therefore, will require proof of COVID-19 vaccination from participants attending in-person meetings hosted by AHA or AHA affiliates, including the 2022 SHSMD Connections Conference. For each event, AHA will provide additional details on safety protocols closer to the event start date.
Please find the latest updates and resources on COVID-19 from the AHA.